Recipe: Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
This is seriously my go-to recipe anytime that sugar craving hits—it's healthy, delicious and actually quite filling (Tavis and I usually split one if we're eating it as dessert after dinner). It is so quick and easy. The original recipe is adapted from one of my all-time favourite cookbooks, Three Times a Day. It has a ton of amazing whole food recipes for tasty dessert, easy appetizers, soups and more—every single one I've tried has been amazing. (The second edition is out now too, Three Times a Day: Simple and Stylish). Enjoy!
Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
Makes 1 large serving
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashews, garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs, garnish (optional)
- Combine avocado, strawberries, almond milk, cocoa powder, honey and almond butter in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and garnish with toppings listed above.
*You can really garnish this thing with almost anything you want! Some good alternatives would be almonds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, raspberries (or any kind of fruit!).
** You can find things like chia seeds and cacao nibs for great prices in the home section at Winners and Marshalls.
*** Hint: Do NOT wear a white shirt when attempting to seed a pomegranate. You WILL regret it.