Recipe: Refreshing Green Smoothie
I'm adding another to my list of all-time favourite smoothie recipes (I got a new blender for Christmas and have been going a bit blender crazy!). If you're looking to feel refreshed, you've come to the right place. This green smoothie tastes like a tropical hipster yoga retreat in a glass (startlingly accurate description, you'll see). It's from another one of my favourite cookbooks: The Greenhouse Cookbook: Plant-Based Eating and DIY Juicing.
Makes 1 large serving
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 cup cubed frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- Add ingredients to blender in the order listed above.
- Blend for 30 seconds or on the smoothie setting
* You could add a couple other fun things in here like kiwis, flax seed, chia seeds, or whatever suits your fancy. That's the beauty of smoothies, people!
** I did not create this smoothie recipe, but I certainly endorse it. :)